Here at Garlock Orthodontics, we have found that patients who are confident and proud of their smiles have better self-esteem and are generally happier with their overall appearance. If you are embarrassed or ashamed of your smile, it can cause you to be shy, anti-social, and less likely to smile.
Despite the desire to improve their smiles, many adults don’t consider orthodontic treatment to be an option for themselves. According to the American Association of Orthodontics, around 75% of the population does not have straight teeth and most of these people would benefit from orthodontic treatment.
Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment
While the number one benefit of receiving braces is straight and beautiful teeth, there are many other benefits, which include the following:
- Straighter teeth allow you to achieve a proper bite pattern, helping your teeth fit together more comfortably.
- Straighter teeth can make it easier to chew your food properly.
- If you have a speech problem, sometimes correcting the position of the teeth can improve or eliminate this problem.
- Straight teeth are often healthier teeth. This is because they’re much easier to brush, floss, and keep clean.
- Lastly, dental health has been linked with better overall health as well.
If you’ve ever considered braces, please don’t hesitate to contact Garlock Orthodontics today. More adults than ever are choosing orthodontic treatment because of the wide variety of orthodontic appliance that are available, most of which are much less conspicuous than the traditional metal braces of the past.
To make an appointment with Dr. Garlock, please call Garlock Orthodontics today. Our office is located here in Aurora, Colorado.